At Avenue Animal Hospital, we recommend vaccines to dogs depending on their lifestyle, environment, and risk factors. We ask owners to complete a risk assessment form when they bring in their pet for their appointment, and will evaluate again during each annual visit.
We recommend beginning puppy vaccines at 8 weeks of age.
Our core vaccines (basic) for puppies are:
- 8-9 weeks 1st DHPP
- 10-12 weeks 2nd DHPP + 1st Lepto +/- 1st booster of any lifestyle vaccine
- 15-16 weeks Final DHPP, 2nd Lepto, Rabies +/- 2nd booster of any lifestyle vaccine
Adult dogs will receive their yearly booster of DHLPP and rabies. Other vaccines will be administered depending on the recommendation of your veterinarian.
We recommend beginning kitten vaccines at 8 weeks of age.
The core (basic) vaccines are:
- 8-9 weeks 1st FVRCP +/- FeIv testing
- 10-12 weeks 2nd FBRCP +/- 1st FeIv
- 12-15 weeks Final FVRCP + Rabies +/- 2nd FeIv
All of these vaccines are then boosted on a yearly basis.
Please discuss the option of 3-year protocols for both canines and felines with our veterinary team.
Other non-core vaccines are offered pending lifestyle:
- Canine Bordatella
- Bivalent CIV
- Feline Leukemia Virus (FeIV)
Your veterinarian will provide the best recommendation of vaccines for your pet!
Pet Vaccinations in Tinley Park, IL
It’s also important to note that even pets who live primarily indoors should be vaccinated, as they can still be exposed to a